So you want to know more?
That’s a good start.
What's the programme?
One of the top interview questions we hear when hiring internally is about our Learning and Development, what training we offer and what’s the progression like.
So we thought we’d show you what everyone gets when they join Niyaa People.
We have a dedicated Talent Manager, Gary Marshall whose role is to ensure the smooth on-boarding of your career at Niyaa People and teach you the practical stepping stones in your role as a Recruitment Consultant.
Too many companies allocate this role to a “Billing Manager”, but Learning and Development is the cornerstone of our company’s success, which is why we’ve got someone in the company dedicated to ensuring your future success.
The First Twelve Weeks
- You’ll start with up to 5 other Trainees so you can sit and learn together in the opening months of your career
- 20 classroom-based modules: ranging from 60 minutes to half-day sessions
- These modules are a blend of theoretical discussions, anecdotal stories and practical role-plays
- Classroom based training is then practiced on the sales floor to imbed successful habits
- Each Training Academy/Cohort/Grad programme (we aren’t really hung on what we call our Talent Builder programme) is a batch of a maximum of 5 Trainees who will be allocated 100% of our Talent Manager’s time
- Weekly one-to-one reviews are conducted by your Talent Manager
- In the opening three months you will be also assigned a Mentor, an experienced Consultant within our business whom you will sit with once a week
- In the latter weeks of your opening 3 months you will attending weekly sales meeting within the Division you’ll be working in & attending client meetings with your peers
- Upon completion/passing your three months: Congratulations, let’s celebrate!!
- You are then “transferred” to your Division where you’ll sit with your Team Manager and fellow consultants – all at varying levels of experience
- Your Manager’s responsibility is to ensure they continue to develop your opening 12 weeks training to ensure you are promoted to a “Recruitment Consultant” within 6 months
What about after?
- You will be also assigned a new mentor for three monthly cycles to sit and down and discuss areas of improvement
- 5 – 10 days worth of external training sessions will be delivered by three different learning and development Consultancies all specialising in Recruitment to demonstrate best practice techniques as well as world-renowned speakers to develop your mindset.
- The training doesn’t stop just because your now a consultant. This is where it really gets interesting – where do you want to take your career, what are your strengths and weaknesses, how can we improve both? Want to be a manager? Specialise in Business Development? We can help you get there with a tailored training programme.
Being a part of the Niyaa People family is to be part of an exciting journey
Matthew Guest has been with us since the early days and the first ever person to go from Trainee to Section Manager.
Watch his story.
Latest Jobs at Niyaa People
Trainee Recruitment Consultant
Who are Niyaa People?
Set up in 2008 with the vision and ambition to become a leading Recruitment Consultancy in the Built Environment across Public and Public Sectors. We have grown to...
Who are Niyaa People?
Set up in 2008 with the vision and ambition to become a leading Recruitment Consultancy in the Built Environment across Public and Public Sectors. We have grown to become a name recognised for delivering a first-class experience to our customers. Based in Birmingham, we've got a team of 40 fantastic people recruiting across our core markets which include Architecture, Property, Building Services, Construction, Trades & Labour, Office Support and Public Sector.
By now, we're sure you'll have heard of what recruitment is and if not, carry on reading below. But what you really want to know is why us? Why Niyaa People vs the other 300+ recruitment jobs in Birmingham?
- 100% of our Senior Management team were trainees 5-6 years ago - we want more to join them
- We've been shortlisted for the Birmingham Business Excellence Best Company' and Excellence in Industry' awards
- I personally believe this is one of the most robust training programmes I have seen and matches the investment more Corporate recruitment companies delivers to their recruiters (and in some instance I would say it is better!) - Hannah Keep, MD - Institute of Recruiters
- 96% of our recruiters are home-grown, meaning they came to us with no recruitment experience, we have had a golfer, fireman, overseas bartender, zoo keeper and electrician though.
What's the Goal?
We like to challenge ourselves, and with growth plans for 60 consultants by April 2020, we're looking for our next generation of the business. Like minded individuals who we can invest in to support their development as industry specialists. You might have some recruitment knowledge, sales experience, but it's not necessary. We would rather people come with willingness to learn, drive and motivation. We can teach you recruitment.
The business will grow at the speed of the ambitions of the people that work here. But one thing is for sure, we've got no plans of stopping. We're currently knocking down the walls and having a full office re-fit, but we're already thinking of the next space.
Are you the type of person who want to be on that journey with us?
What to expect
From day one you'll be given the tools you need to succeed: a manager, a recruitment mentor, a learning and development coach and a 12-week, 20 module training programme. With constant support from the team, you'll have access to a wide variety of content rich workshops and coaching to aid your development from Trainee to Consultant within 9 months.
You'll be assigned an industry that fit you as a person, to ensure you'll gel with the customers you have to speak to on a daily basis. This will be yours to grow and develop as if it we're your own business, and eventually finding a style that works for you.
Even as you progress, the support doesn't stop. With monthly, quarterly and 6-month reviews, and yearly training plan, we always want to make sure you're moving forward in your career.
Our aim is to help you develop your personal brand as a recognised specialist in your market. You will deliver a first-class customer experience to candidates and clients alike, and help us on our adventure to become the Recruitment Consultancy of choice.
What you need for us to help you be a successful recruiter
As we've mentioned, you don't need recruitment experience, we've proved time and time again we can teach you that. There are a few things you need we can't give you:
- Be presentable and professional in person and on the phone
- Good written skills
- Ability to listen and learn
- Be able to take on board feedback and adapt
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- A personal motivation to succeed
- Humility and strong professional ethics
What's on offer
First year OTE: £32,000+
Second year OTE: £38,000+
Third year OTE: £50,000+
Our salary and commission structure are completely transparent, £18k as a starting point. On top of that, you'll earn bonus on our uncapped commission scheme, and your annual Super Bonus scheme for those who really excel.
What else . Mobile phone, health and lifestyle benefits, monthly and quarterly target incentives (did I mention this is our third year doing our Dubai trip!), annual conference trip, Christmas party, transparent promotional targets and of course office nights out to unwind after a hard week's work, we're quite a social bunch.
What to do next
If this sounds like a place you'd like to be a part of, we have a Join us' and Learning & Development' page on our website for even more information.
But the best thing to do is have chat with us, please click apply online to send us your CV or contact Kathryn Fletcher on 0121 651 1507.