26th June 2019
The Social Housing team at Niyaa People are just about to launch the second Equal Housing event to be held in October. Before that, we wanted to reflect on the inaugural event which took place in February.
Equal Housing was created to facilitate conversations around topics and issues that are already going on within our Housing industry, to gather and have honest discussions about how we can aid the progression of the sector.
Over the past 12 months, a number of statistics displaying the level of diversity in Housing have been released.
Inside Housing‘s survey discovered that only three out of the 64 housing associations that participated in the survey are led by a BME chief executive. When looking further into housing associations statistics, only 15 out of 331 (or 4.5%) of the most senior managers in the business are BME.
- Tom Murtha – Former Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of SHOUT
- Kate Dodsworth – Chief Executive Officer of Gateway Housing, Leadership 2025 Steering Group
- Chan Kataria – Chief Executive Officer of East Midlands Homes
- Delroy Beverley – Executive Director, Construction, Repairs & Maintenance Services at Nottingham City Homes
- Faisal Butt – Housing Heroes -Inspirational Leader of the Year 2018, Inside Housing BME Leader Shortlisted 2018
- Aileen Evans – Chief Executive Officer of Grand Union Housing and CIH Vice President 2018
- Chantelle Miller – NHF Future Leaders conference guest speaker 2018, CIH East Midlands member champion and NHF Future leaders conference advisory board member 2019
Watch our video to get an insight into the days events and some thoughts from the attendees.
The Next Event
The next Equal Housing event is being held October 3rd 2019 and being organised by one of our Housing Consultants, Kam Shergill titled “Females of the Future”.
Please CLICK HERE to find out more information and register for free to be part of the next discussion.
Visit Kam’s Profile for her contact details.