‹ Back to search results
Repairs and Maintenance Magaer
Repairs and Maintenance Manager
£40,000 - £45,000
Due to a transformational restructure of the Corporate Property Business Unit, I am recruiting for a Senior Surveyor to oversee the repairs and maintenance of the councils public buildings.
Prepare and present reports on matters of business performance and policy as required by senior managers and councillors. Provide professional input in relation to the financial implications of any proposals considered by the Council.
- Develop and implement work programmes to deliver business plans for the requisite functions/activities for building/facilities maintenance/management and energy management to ensure that the Council delivers effective and efficient services, maximises business development opportunities, reduces costs and maximises profits each year.
- Take responsibility and accountability for the day to day performance and financial management of the business unit in accordance with agreed performance measures.
- Respond to and deal with reactive non-planned repairs inc. site inspection, analysis of problem, identification of works required, appointment of contractor and supervision of repairs on a variety of commercial properties.
- To deliver all works and projects on time and to agreed levels of quality and budget, including effective budget monitoring and management.
- To contribute to the effective management of the Council's assets ensuring they are effectively utilised: to undertake asset and accommodation reviews, formulate strategy, implement, monitor and review.
- Substantial experience and extensive knowledge in Estates Management, Buildings and Facilities Management
- HND, or equivalent, in a property related discipline
- The successful applicant will be required to attend meetings within the District, and from time to time outside the District.
- Demonstrate experience in asset challenge/rationalisation, maximising assets
- Proven experience of management and successful delivery of significant property related projects.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply with your most up to date CV or alternatively, contact George Tait on 0121 790 0982.